Silicone rubber is an extremely versatile material appreciated because of its versatility, bio-compatibility, and immunity to temperatures, UV radiation, light, and ozone.
Its unique properties make it especially beneficial in the medical, aerospace, and electric industries for many different elements, such as tube, washers, gaskets, and other sealing components.
Why Silicone Rubber?
Silicone rubber is among the most frequently used synthetic rubbers available on the marketplace. It’s made up of silicone bonded using hydrogen, carbon, and oxygen to make cross-linked polymers reinforced with protein. The outcome is a distinctive synthetic elastomer that gives the perfect balance of chemical and mechanical characteristics to the toughest applications.
Silicone rubber offers different Benefits over other elastomers, such as:
- Flu immunity: Silicone rubber displays a high degree of resistance to harsh environmental factors, such as UV radiation, open fires, extreme temperatures, and corrosive chemicals.
- Thermal stability: Silicone rubber can keep its shape, durability, and versatility in extreme cold and hot temperatures.
- Exceptionally versatile: Silicone rubber could be molded and formed to fulfill the very detailed specifications. The formula can be corrected to improve or downplay attributes, such as electric conductivity, flexibility, and endurance.
- Shade friendly: Silicone rubber is simple to colour before the healing procedure, so it displays a durable, vivid colour.
- Electrical possessions: Silicone rubber is a great electrical insulator, however the inclusion of carbon or metal black can enhance its conductive properties.
- Assortment of hardness: Silicone rubber could be devised to exhibit unique ranges of hardness and flexibility, based on the requirements of this program.
- Durable and dependable: Silicone is extremely durable and keeps its shape and versatility in extreme circumstances, which makes it an especially reliable substance to be used in critical applications.
Using its capacity to adapt to the demands of any program, it’s not surprising that silicone rubber is among the most frequently used substances.
Silicone rubber displays unique physiological, mechanical, and chemical properties which improve its usefulness, such as:
- Steam watertight: Its high thermal equilibrium also permits silicone rubber to keep its shape and consistency if subjected to high temperature vapor.
- Food-grade and medical-grade evaluations: Silicone rubber is extremely resistant to temperatures, chemicals, and radiation used to the sterilization of food processing and health care equipment, which makes it an perfect food-grade and medical-grade substance.
- Outstanding compression set: Silicone rubber displays a high compression set, and will keep its shape under elevated levels of recurrent or prolonged compression and extreme temperatures.
- UV and radiation immunity: Silicone rubber won’t degrade with repeated or prolonged exposure to UV or other kinds of radiation.
- Rebound and durability: based on the formula, silicone rubber is extremely elastic and will muster or return to its initial form and configuration after it’s flexed or bent.
- High tensile strength: based on the formula and production procedure, silicone rubber displays tensile power from 200 to 1,500 psi.
- Chemically and biologically inert: Silicone rubber responds to very few biological or chemical agents.
Silicone rubber’s exceptionally resistant, physically resilient, and durable nature makes it perfect for molded rubber parts in a wide variety of environments and temperatures.