Schools are a big decision and one that should not be taken lightly. There are many schools to choose from, and it’s hard to decide which Boarding School in Gurgaon is right for your child. That’s where this article comes in. We’ve compiled the best information on schools in Gurgaon, so you can make an informed decision.
As you go through the selection process, add to and revise your list. Here are some tips for finding the best school for your child:
Visit and observe the school
Make an appointment to visit the schools that interest you. If possible, tour the schools and visit a few classes during regular school hours.
Attend an open house, parent-teacher meeting, or other school function if possible, as this will provide you with valuable information about the attitudes of staff, students, and parents. Pay close attention to what teachers say about the school.
- Is the school secretary helpful and friendly?
- Is the school orderly and neat?
- How is student work displayed?
- How does the school communicate with students and parents (weekly/monthly newsletter, e-mail, Web site)?
- Do the teachers appear to be friendly and helpful?
- What is the principal’s philosophy about education?
- What is the principal’s attitude toward discipline?
- What extracurricular activities does the principal enjoy the most?
- How well-known is the principal in the community?
- Is the principal usually present at school and available to speak with parents?
- Does the principal interact with the students?
- How do teachers grade student work?
- Do teachers have high academic ability expectations for any and all students?
- Do teachers have high expectations of all students in terms of academic achievement?
- How do teachers convey expectations to students?
- Do teachers communicate course content and objectives to parents?
- When and how often are teachers available for parent-teacher conferences?
- Do teachers assign homework? Is it rigorous? Frequent? Sufficient?
- What is the attendance rate for students?
- Do the students have school spirit?
- What do students say about homework?
- Do students take part in and enjoy field trips?
- Are students feeling safe and secure at school?
- What do student publications say?
Parent and community involvement
- How does the school encourage parental involvement?
- What are some ways for parents to get involved?
- Are parents encouraged to volunteer?
- Is there an active parent-teacher organization at the school?
- Does the school hold meetings and events that parents can attend?
- How popular are back-to-school nights among parents?
Apply to the schools you choose
You should start this process as soon as possible to ensure that you meet all of the deadlines. Admissions processes can vary. Your child may need to be tested or questioned, and you may need to provide a school transcript, recommendations, or other information. It would be beneficial to learn about the admission standards for the schools. You should double-check your information to ensure that you know when and how to apply.
Select one or more schools to which you would like to apply.
- Where do you want to apply?
- When is each school’s application deadline?
- Submit paperwork and applications by the due dates.
- Have you filled out the application for each school?
- Have you included all the required supporting documentation (deposit, student transcript, test scores, letters of recommendation) with your application?
- Did you submit your applications by the set deadlines by each school?
- Have you contacted each school to inquire about your child’s application status?
Choosing the right school for your child is a decision that you will never regret. It’s tough to find the right one, but once you do, everything will fall into place. We’ve compiled a list of the best CBSE schools in Gurgaon, so you can compare and choose the one that’s perfect for your child. With https://www.gdgoenkasignature.com/ so much information out there, it’s hard to make an informed decision. Our list will help you do just that!