Are you struggling with Netgear Nighthawk extender red light issue? Tried everything to fix the issue but nothing worked? If you answer these questions in yes, then you need a quick fix to get rid of them as soon as possible.
Good news! If you don’t know how to fix the issue, then this post can be of great help. By using the tips highlighted below, you can easily get rid of the red light issue on your Netgear extender in a fly. So, without further ado, let’s get started, shall we?
Why Am I Getting Red LED on My Nighthawk Extender?
Before we guide you with the fixes to troubleshoot Netgear Nighthawk extender red light issue, let’s first help you find the reasons/causes behind it. Continue reading!
- Your internet connection can be the culprit.
- Longer hours of inactivity.
- Your Netgear Nighthawk extender isn’t connected to router.
- The Ethernet cable that you might have used to connect your Nighthawk device and router is damaged.
- Your Nighthawk device is running an outdated firmware version.
- Incomplete or partial Netgear WiFi extender setup.
- Issues from your ISP end may also lead you to the red light issue.
- The hardware of your Netgear extender is damaged.
- Improper power supply to your Netgear extender and router.
- Distance between your Nighthawk device and router is too much.
How to Fix Netgear Nighthawk Extender Red Light Issue?
Given below are some of the effective troubleshooting ways that will help you in resolving the issue in a jiffy. Keep scrolling down!
- Reboot Your Nighthawk Extender
Rebooting or power cycling is the first and foremost basic troubleshooting step to fix Netgear Nighthawk red light issues. Here’s how to reboot or power cycle your Nighthawk extender:
- Turn off your Nighthawk extender.
- Wait patiently for some time.
- Turn the Nighthawk device back on.
- Let the LEDs on your extender become stable.
- Check the Cable Connections
Another effective thing that you can do to rectify the red light issue on your Netgear Nighthawk extender is to check the cable connections. At times, Ethernet cable might not be attached to the extender and router properly, resulting in the issue.
To fix the issue, ensure that the Ethernet cable that you have used to connect your extender and router is secure and finger-tight. Apart from that, the cable/wire shouldn’t be damaged or faulty from anywhere.
After connecting your extender and router using a wired source, download and install the Netgear Nighthawk app to check the connectivity between your devices.
Note: If you have a Nighthawk router, then download the Netgear router app.
- Configure Your Extender Properly
At times, red light LED on your Netgear Nighthawk extender can be due to improper or partial configuration. Therefore, visit Netgear Genie setup wizard using www.mywifiext.net web address or 192.168.1.250 and follow the on-screen extender configuration instructions.
- Update Your Nighthawk Extender Firmware
Outdated firmware on your device may also make your Netgear Nighthawk extender LED to blink red. To fix the issue, update the firmware version of your device by following the instructions highlighted below:
- Power on the extender and connect it to your router.
- Log in to your Netgear Nighthawk device using www.mywifiext.net web address or 192.168.1.250 IP.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Bonus: To get the most out of your extender and avail extra advance features, download and install the Netgear Nighthawk app.
In a Nutshell
These were some of the best fixes that can help you get rid of the Netgear Nighthawk extender red light issue. On the off chance if you are still struggling with the same issue, simply drop us a line into the comments section.