Tubing made out from Silicone Rubber offers numerous advantages than other rubber and plastic materials. It offers more flexibility, longer durability, high as well as low temperature resistance and other benefits. Silicone tubing is widely used across the industries for fluid transfer & other applications.
However, depending upon application and cost consideration different grades of silicone tubing is used. In this blog post we will discuss where platinum cured silicone tubing provides better value than its counterpart peroxide cured silicone tubing.
Platinum cured silicone tubing is non-yellowing and has a clearer look. It is preferred by the medical, pharmaceutical, Bio processing, food and beverage industries due to its slide and lack of peroxide by-products.
The other reason why is being used in these industries is that platinum cured silicone tubing offers more purity, better tear strength and stretch ability.
It is also known as the cleaner silicone tubing. Yet it is harder to make because of the fairly high temperatures needed to cure the silicone rubber.
Here are the benefits of using Platinum Cured Silicone Tubing
There are a range of benefits when choosing platinum cured silicone over substitutes:
- High Purity & Safety
- Excellent translucency so more visibility through the tubing material
- Non yellowing
- No peroxide by-products
- Highly hydrophobic
- Extended life in Peristaltic pumps
- High tear strength
- Glossy Finishing
Platinum Cured Silicone Rubber Tubing Usage in Dairy Applications:
Platinum cured silicone rubber is perfect for use in the dairy industry because of its high mechanical wear and good tear strength. In association to conventional black rubber tubing often used for milking, it doesn’t get harder and corrodes with use.
Instead of that its durable product is made using highly polished dies to create an extra flat inner to improvise the flow rate and hygiene levels.
Platinum Cured Silicone Rubber Tubing Usage in Food and Drink Applications:
Platinum cured silicone tubing has revolutionised the transfer of liquids in drinks machines. Outdated peroxide-cured silicone tubing can harm the taste of liquids due to staining, platinum cured tubing does not have this downside.
It’s high stretchy strength also means that it’s an ideal fit for food industries. the usage of platinum cured silicone tubing is increasing rapidly.
Platinum Cured Silicone Tubing in Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Applications:
When it comes to fluid transfer platinum cured silicone tubing is the perfect choice. It is high temperature resistance and fewer potential leachable make it a perfect choice for medical usage.
Silicone maintains the purity of sensitive fluid because of its excellent biocompatibility and chemical inertness.
It has smooth surfaces and lower protein binding levels that is another selling point for this application so platinum cured silicone rubber tubing is the best option when it comes to pharma, dairy and other beverages products.
Let’s take a quick view over pros and cons of Platinum Cured Silicone Tubing
Platinum Cured Silicone Tubing Pros:
Platinum cured silicone tubing has many unique properties and that makes it different and that is it is being used in several potential applications.
- In Any industry where the heat and tension are there for long term, detailed customization or extreme hardness. Key attributes of platinum cured silicone required high tear and tensile strength, low shrinkage, fine details reproduction. And an extensive range of hardness’s.
- High purity Platinum cured silicone is also used in the production of pharmaceutical, injectables, food and beverage products. Any process where temperature is high, corona, radiation, ozone exposure, moisture and steam are desired platinum cured silicone rubber tubing play an important role.
- Platinum silicone rubber curing process produces no peroxide residues, so the risk of mold catching is greatly decreased. This reduces time, which improves your overall productivity.
Platinum Cured Silicone Tubing Cons:
However, platinum-cured silicone has its downsides, too. Platinum cured silicone rubber tubing tends to be costlier, which drives up your original operating.
Platinum is also sensitive to contamination, and exposure to latex, sulphur, tin-cure silicone and other products will inhibit its cure. With special care, however, it’s possible to avoid these issues.
Why Choose Accurate Rubber Corporation for Platinum Cured Silicone Rubber Tubing for your Application Needs?
- Shorter Lead Time
- Custom made as per your size, color, durometer & other requirements
- Premium Quality made in ISO 9001:2015 certified facility
- Excellent Customer Service
- Made in USA
- Glossy Finishing
- Excellent Tensile & Tear Strength
- Better Elongation
Accurate Rubber Corporation ISO 9001:2015 certified company manufactures & supplies high quality platinum cured silicone tubing, silicone rubber tubing, silicone rubber strips, extruded silicone rubber gasket as per your custom sizing, hardness and color requirement.
We can make it in English as well as in metric ID & OD size. We offer competitive pricing, quick turnaround time as well as friendly customer service.